We now know the names of the celebrities who will be golfing at Whistling Straits on Thursday for the Ryder Cup Celebrity Match, featuring 12 celebs from the United States and Europe.
The event features three foursomes teeing off at 8:30 a.m., 8:45 a.m. and 9 a.m.
The groups will play 11 holes, including the first hole and holes 9-18. Members of the U.S. Junior Ryder Cup Team will serve as caddies.
Beginner’s guide to Ryder Cup: Scoring, golfers, details of the event at Whistling Straits in Sheboygan County
Check out the rosters:
- Mike Eruzione, former hockey player and a member of the 1980 Miracle on Ice team
- A.J. Hawk, former NFL linebacker with the Green Bay Packers
- Dan Jansen, gold medal speedskater
- Rob Riggle, actor and comedian
- Kelly Slater, 11-time world surfing champion
- Mandy Rose, WWE wrestler, bodybuilder and model
- Alessandro Del Piero, Italian soccer legend
- Tom Felton, actor and musician
- Toni Kukoč, former NBA player with the Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks
- Teemu Selänne, former NHL star and six-time Olympian
- Stephanie Szostak, actress
- Sasha Vujačić, former NBA player
The West Allis native Jansen delivered one of the most emotional gold-medal moments in recent Winter Olympics memory when he won speedskating gold in 1994. Eruzione was part of the most memorable Winter Olympics moment in U.S. history, teammates on Team USA with University of Wisconsin stars Mark Johnson and Bob Suter during the Miracle on Ice run in Lake Placid, New York.
Hawk played nine of his 11 NFL seasons with the Packers after Green Bay made him the No. 5 pick in 2006. He was part of the team’s Super Bowl championship in early 2011 and can be found today as a regular host on the “The Pat McAfee Show,” where Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers makes regular appearances.
Kukoč, a recent inductee in the Basketball Hall of Fame, spent the final four seasons of his NBA career in Milwaukee from 2002-06. He made his name with the Bulls and played a prominent part in the narrative of acclaimed documentary “The Last Dance.” Wait, is that another Aaron Rodgers reference we just made?
Our subscribers make this reporting possible. Please consider supporting local journalism by subscribing to the Journal Sentinel at jsonline.com/deal.
Original posted at www.jsonline.com