The glitz and glam of Saturday night is back as Strictly Come Dancing burst onto screens.
The hit BBC One show made an epic comeback tonight (Saturday) after a shorter 2020 series.
Hosted by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, viewers saw 15 brand new celebrities paired with their professional partners during the 2021 launch show.
They all then took to the floor for the first time in a huge group number.
They now have a week to go until the competition really begins in the first live show next Saturday, September 25.
Dusting off their paddles were returning judges Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse, alongside the newest addition to the panel, Strictly’s longest-serving professional dancer Anton Du Beke.
The launch show also featured two incredible routines from the Strictly professionals, the return of reigning champion Bill Bailey and a spectacular music performance from Anne Marie.
But without further ado, the official Strictly pairings this year are:
- Adam Peaty and Katya Jones
- AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington
- Dan Walker and Nadiya Bychkova
- Greg Wise and Karen Hauer
- John Whaite and Johannes Radebe
- Judi Love and Graziano Di Prima
- Katie McGlynn and Gorka Marquez
- Nina Wadia and Neil Jones
- Rhys Stephenson and Nancy Xu
- Robert Webb and Dianne Buswell
- Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice
- Sara Davies and Aljaž Škorjanec
- Tilly Ramsey and Nikita Kuzmin
- Tom Fletcher and Amy Dowden
- Ugo Monye and Oti Mabuse.
Strictly Come Dancing continues next weekend with the first live show on Saturday,September 25, on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.
Original posted at www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk