• Home
  • |
  • Strictly Come Dancing: Shirley Ballas teases celebrity line-up – Metro.co.uk

 August 3

by Carolina

Strictly Come Dancing’s Shirley Ballas has teased details about this year’s celebrity line-up for the beloved series.

The 60-year-old head judge is set to return to the judging panel alongside Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, and professional dancer-turned-judge Anton Du Beke.

This year’s celebrity contestants have not yet been officially announced, but Shirley teased that ‘of all panels, you have never seen such celebrities as you are going to see on this particular show’.

Joining today’s Loose Women, she also praised Strictly’s executive producer, Sarah James, saying that ‘she just delights every time, she tweaks here, she tweaks there, she’s outside the box. She is bringing a show… just when you think it couldn’t get any better, it does.’

Last year’s series was filmed without a studio audience due to coronavirus restrictions, but Shirley said she was hopeful an audience could return this year.

The upcoming show will also miss out on the usual trip to Blackpool for an episode live from the famous Tower Ballroom.

‘We’re hoping that there will be an audience, there will be no Blackpool due to the fact that backstage there is not enough changing facilities with good social distancing,’ Shirley explained.

‘But we will still have everything at Elstree and I’m sure she’s (Sarah James) got lots of other little delights up her sleeve…’

Sarah has previously said: ‘We are so thrilled that Strictly will be returning for a full-length series this year and know how much viewers are looking forward to getting their full Strictly fix and seeing the return of some of the much-loved specials.

‘We are all so sad that we won’t be able to get to Blackpool this year but can’t wait to be back dancing at the one and only Blackpool Tower Ballroom in the future.’

Viewers will also see four new professional dancers join the show.

They are Dancing With The Stars Ireland’s Kai Widdrington, former Let’s Dance Germany professional Nikita Kuzmin, reigning South African Latin champion Cameron Lombard and winner of The Greatest Dancer Jowita Przystal.

The series will reportedly also feature an all-male partnership this year, with The Sun suggesting comedian Alan Carr and Olympic diving gold medallist Tom Daley are among the names approached.

Olympic boxing champion Nicola Adams made history as part of Strictly’s first same-sex dance pairing alongside professional Katya Jones last year.

But their journey was cut short when Jones received a positive Covid-19 test result, forcing them to withdraw from the competition early.

Strictly is due to return to the BBC in the autumn.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


TV

Original posted at metro.co.uk

share this

Related Posts

Hollywood stars react to the FBI raid at Donald Trump’s Mar-A-Lago home: Ron Perlman, John Rich, Kristy Swanson and more – Wonderwall

Shocking Crimes Committed By Hollywood Celebrities – Man’s World India