• Home
  • |
  • I’m A Celebrity’s Naughty Boy says Deal Or No Deal started his career – Wales Online

 December 2

by Carolina

Music producer Naughty Boy revealed to his fellow campmates On I‘m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! that he appeared on Deal Or No Deal before he was famous, which started his career.

He admitted that he only had £10 in his bank account at the time and had to quit his job at Domino’s to appear on the game show.

The music producer behind hits such as La La La and Runnin’ told his fellow celebrities that he wanted to take a risk while on the show. He said: “When I spoke to the Banker he was trying to get me to settle. I wanted to take a risk. I settled on £44,000 and beat him.”

You can read more TV news here.

The star was just 23 when he pocketed the big win. He said: “I had £10 in my bank account [before that]. I had to quit my job at Domino’s. They said I wouldn’t be able to come back [after filming]. And I said: ‘Well I quit.’”

Naughty Boy split the money by giving £15,000 to his parents, bought an Audi A3, and used the rest of the money to build a shed studio to pursue his music career.

A year after this he met singer-songwriter Emeli Sande and from their his music career exploded as the pair collaborated and worked together.

He described Emeli as his “musical soulmate”, saying: “A year later I met Emeli at a showcase in East London. I didn’t even know who she was.

“When she sang I swear I just thought she was singing to me. It was some kind of love. She’s my musical soulmate.”

Naughty Boy also credits Deal Or No Deal for giving him a confidence boost, adding: “Deal or No Deal gave me the confidence to speak to people that I didn’t know and do it by just being myself. You don’t realise what these little experiences do for you.”

So far Naughty Boy has had to face the most trials and has threatened to quit during this series of I’m A Celebrity while he has also tried to sneak in some spice for the food which is not allowed.

The star is hoping to make a return to music after his stint in the castle as he has spent the past five years caring for his mother who has dementia.

To get the latest What’s On newsletters from WalesOnline click here.

Original posted at www.walesonline.co.uk

share this

Related Posts

All the Celebrity Weddings of 2022 – PEOPLE

Celebrities laud Abida Parveen and Naseebo’s ‘Tu jhoom’ – Daily Times

Why are the celebrities trying so hard? – Mamamia