According to executive producer Olly Nash, this year’s crop of jungle campmates are being split into three groups instead of the traditional two, with various challenges ahead of them that’ll decide who makes it to a fireside bed that night.
“It’s much bigger than we’ve ever done before,” he told The Mirror, “We’re filming more [challenges] than we’ve ever filmed before.”
“There’ll be more elements lasting over more shows than has happened before too, so it’s not all just going to be limited to show one.”
Nash warned: “Not all celebrities will be here in camp at the end of Sunday’s show.”
Of course, fans of the long-running ITV show are used to two separate teams competing for the more luxurious stay, while the beaten one begins its journey with basic rations.
“The contestants will be coming into camp in three groups, in stages,” the exec said. “The first three celebrities will be followed by another three celebrities and they will get the pick of the beds.
“We have bunk beds which is a first for I’m A Celebrity and then we have a Luxury RV that was driven through the jungle about 35 years ago, broke down and was never moved. That will make a very comfy home for two people inside there.”
In addition to these twists, there’s also set to be a total of 24 Bushtucker Trials across the series, with more two-player tasks than ever on the menu.
The news comes as the full line-up of celebrities was confirmed earlier in the week, with the late addition of Tory MP Matt Hancock. He will join a host of stars including pop legend, Boy George, Coronation Street’s Sue Cleaver, Hollyoaks’ Owen Warner and former rugby player Mike Tindall.
I’m a Celebrity returns Sunday, November 6 at 9pm on ITV and ITV Hub.
Original posted at news.google.com