2022 has started and we already have a new title to make space on the web and reach out to the critics. “don’t look up”, set the record for the most hours of streaming for a Netflix production within a single week.
On Thursday, the 6th, the forum confirmed that between December 27 and January 2, the Adam McKay-directed “comedy” had been viewed by users for 152,290,000 hours. On Twitter, the director took the opportunity to celebrate the numbers, saying he was “surprised” by the data.
In the plot, we follow the story of a pair of scientists, played by dicaprio and Lawrence, who discovers a giant comet on a collision course with Earth. Both face denial, corruption, and neglect, with the President of the United States and an attempt to warn the public.
And, amid so much success, we singled out 5 curiosities you probably didn’t know about the job. check out:
- In an interview with The New York Times, the director said that before the start of the pandemic, the screenplay was written in partnership with David Sikora, and was surprised to learn that the plot was actually becoming a reality. In addition, he claimed to add other satirical elements to the face of US political positions and decisions in the fight against the coronavirus.
- In the production, Meryl Streep played the role of the President of the United States, however, her personality was inspired by several heads of state, notably former President Donald Trump.
- In addition to social criticism, the film extends to the political side and the press, as they ignore the background information provided by astronomers. Meanwhile, the President is thoroughly engaged, trying to avoid a scandal.
- Some Internet users cited similarities between a certain scene in the work and an incident in Brazilian television journalism. In this position, the biologist Natalia Pastenak was elevated to the Jornal da Cultura. In the feature, scientist Kate scolds journalists when she discovers the humor with which they play the agenda.
- Finally, the name refers to a campaign launched by the fictional US government, as opposed to the “look up”, announced by scientists when they find observations – visible to the naked eye.
Original posted at www.sproutwired.com